Pages

Monday, June 9, 2008

Ranch Pasta Salad

I'm not sure where I got this recipe. May have been from the "Menus for Moms" e-mails I get weekly. I don't use them to "plan" my menus per se, but I do find a few good recipes mixed in & save them for when I want to try something new.
ETA: We had this today. I had some multi-color spiral pasta so used that along w/ some ww penne. Used a little bit of chopped vidalia onion instead of the green onion, and one med sized cucumber instead of the celery (it's what I had). We all liked it enough to go back for seconds (though dh picked out the peas (if I'd known he'd be home I'd have saved some out before stirring in the peas), so I think it will be a nice summer addition to our menu.

  • 1 lb. whole wheat pasta shells
  • 2 handfuls baby carrots, chopped
  • 1/2 bunch green onions, chopped (will probably skip this, if I had chives, I might add a few of them)
  • 3 stalks celery, chopped
  • 1/2 package frozen baby peas, thawed
  • 1 cup real mayonnaise, more if it seems dry
  • 1 package ranch dressing mix

Mix all ingredients. Chill for 1 hour or more.

No comments: