Pages

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Ramen Noodle Salad

One of my mom's friends gave me this recipe.

Salad:
1 sm head of cabbage, shredded
1 c celery (finely chopped)
1 bunch, including tops, of green onion (I used chives instead)
1 c toasted, slivered almonds
1 T sesame seeds, toasted lightly
1 bag ramen noodles, crushed, not cooked

Dressing:
5 T fresh lemon juice
3 T sugar
1/2 c grapeseed oil (I didn't have enough, so I used I mix of grapeseed and olive oil)
2 t Braggs Liquid Aminos (like soy sauce)

Mix the dressing the night before, put in jar and refrigerate.

When ready to serve, put dressing on vegetables. Add noodles, almonds and sesame seeds. Mix well.

Next time I think I'll use a little less oil and less sugar, but overall this was really good! Kids both ate it and asked for more!

No comments: