Pages

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Tomato Soup

I got some tomatoes from a friend (and still had some from Grandma from before) and dh didn't come home for lunch today (he doesn't like tomatoes) so I decided it was the perfect time to try this recipe. I'm re-typing it here in case it ever disappears off the other site (yes, I've learned this the hard way LOL):

5 lbs fresh tomatoes, chopped
1 c chopped onion
3 Tbsp butter
1 1/2 tsp sea salt

Put it all in a big pot and cook 3 hrs (I stirred every so often, not sure how necessary that was?). Blend and serve (or freeze or can it for later).

I thought it was very good (& love that there's no sugar or anything in it!) the girls weren't too impressed (but generally aren't huge fans of tomato soup). This will be a good thing to keep on hand for me when they eat mushroom soup w/ Daddy (since I don't like mushrooms) :)

No comments: