Pages

Monday, July 27, 2009

Ranch Dressing

I adapted this from Pioneer Woman's recipe but made it more of a dip rather than a dressing. The girls declared it "too herb-y, but I think it's yummy!

I didn't measure the herbs, so will include the amounts in the original recipe, I just picked some that I thought were about right.

1 clove garlic, chopped
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 c mayo (approx)
1 c sour cream (approx)
1/4 c chopped flat leaf parsley
1 to 2 Tbsp chopped chives
1 to 2 tsp chopped dill
2 sprigs oregano, chopped

mash galrlic and salt together with fork. Stir everything together, adjust to taste as needed.

It occured to me as I was finished chopping everything and stirring it together, that the mini bowl of my food processor would probably work great for this. So next time I think I'll just put all the herbs, including the garlic & salt, in the minibowl of the food processor and chop everything up, then add the sour cream & mayo and let it stir everything together.

I really like the flavor of this & it's easy and healthier too! (and cheap when all the herbs but the parsley grow in my garden LOL).

No comments: