Pages

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Sabbath Roast

My aunt makes a vegetarian roast called Sabbath Roast, that my dd, A2 really likes, here's the recipe (with a couple adaptations I've made):

SABBATH ROAST

1 cup dry burger granules (TVP) reconstituted with 1 cup hot water (next time I'm going to try replacing some of the TVP with cooked lentils)
½-1 cup shredded cheese
1 medium onion,  chopped fine in food processor
1 cup crushed cracker crumbs
¾ cup cream
1/8 cup oil
¼ tsp sage
½ tsp salt
1/8 tsp mace (I couldn't find this in our grocery store, so left it out)
½ tsp poultry seasoning
2 eggs

Mix all ingredients well; spray baking dish with Pam  and bake 45-60 minutes at 350. 
(My aunt said she uses a 7x11 pan for 1 recipe and a 9x13 pan if doubled or tripled, I used an 8x8 pan for a single recipe)

No comments: